Friday, July 3, 2009

Spiders and My Sabbath Bliss

Sabbath could not have come sooner. I am so tired. It's been an exhausting week, and I feel like my brain is being pulled in thousands of different directions. There is so much to think about, to consider, to remember... it's almost impossible to really wrap your head around it all.

And then the Sabbath comes... and your brain can breathe, even if it's just for a day.

On another note, I dealt with some spider issues I was having today in my room. I had to go all ninja for like 20 minutes killing 5 or 6 of the little pests, and it was like they were multiplying before my eyes! Then my sister came in my room and she happily pointed out that there were two mother of all spiders right outside my window. Now, what you have to understand is that my window hasn't been completely sealed in yet, so, there are cracks all over it. Pretty much a welcome mat for creepy crawlies. At any rate, I tried using this crappy bug spray I bought from Family Dollar (always a bad idea) and it definitely did nothing but give the bugs something to casually swim through. It literally did nothing to them. So I just had to start smashing.

Then, my creative juices gave me an idea! I took plastic bags (I'm not sure why I'm sharing this story, but eh...) tore them up, took a flathead screw driver and jammed the plastic bags in there. It's kind of like a temporary filler till my window gets officially fixed. And so far, I haven't seen any spiders. And that is the way I hope it stays.

So, as I sit here in my permanently (hopefully) bug free room, under the mellow comforting glow of my small, 9 dollar Wal-Mart lamp, my legs numb from being on the move all day, I praise God for His perfect timing. Just the other day, I was feeling quite chipper and awake, then suddenly, Friday comes and I can barely get out of bed. I do not take for granted the Sabbath rest God gives me, and I couldn't feel more blessed. :)